Patent Landscape Analysis and Search Report
Patent Landscape Analysis and Search Report as stated by World Intellectual Property Organization, begins with a state-of-the-art search for the relevant technology in selected patent databases. The search results are analyzed to share specific questions about patterns of patentable activity of an invention. The results are presented graphically to assist in understanding of conclusions or recommendations based on the evidence provided.
It aims to give an overview of how a technology and industry is evolving in respect to the analysis of patent information promoting the company to make their decisions.
It becomes useful as it helps to identify the patents competition is filing, the patent strategy being used, new opportunities/threat the new technology poses in the domain.
A completed Patent Landscape Analysis task consists of technical references and analytics which are important from the legal, business and technology view point. Patent mapping helps owners develop insight to the technical space and help businesses find opportunities to work with.
Patent Landscape Analysis provides a basic understand of:
- Which organizations (companies, research institutes etc.) are working in which fields.
- What technologies are being targeted?
- How problems are being resolved related to the technical fields.
- Time being taken for the innovation to reach the markets.
- What kind of patents are being filed?
- Who all are the main competition on a global scale?